All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionHow do academic social scientists and survey professionals use social measurement techniques? How are these techniques applied to specific concepts in empirical research? Suitable for students, academic and professional researchers, this book offers an overview of various methods of social measurement for quantitative survey research.
- Author BiographyMartin Bulmer is Emeritus Professor of Sociology at the University of Surrey, which he joined in 1995. He was previously Professor of Sociology at the University of Southampton and before that he taught at the London School of Economics for seventeen years. He is an Academician of the Academy of Learned Societies for the Social Sciences and the Director of The Question Bank. His research interests cover the methodology of social research, the history of the social sciences, the study of ethnicity and race, the application of sociology to public policy and the sociology of social care. He has published more than twenty books, most recently Questionnaires (4 vols, Sage, 2004) and Researching Race and Racism (ed with J. Solomos, 2004). Julie Gibbs is Senior Research and Information Officer at the Information Centre about Asylum and Refugees at City University, London and was Content Manager and then Manager of the ESRC Question Bank 2001 - 2008. Laura Hyman is a Research Student in Sociology at the University of Surrey and was a Research Officer for the ESRC Question Bank, 2005-2007.
- Author(s)Julie Gibbs
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication28/04/2010
- GenreSocial Sciences: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintAshgate Publishing Limited
- Content Noteincludes 15 tables & 11 figures
- Weight470 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Edited byLaura Hyman,Martin Bulmer
Best-selling in Other Non-Fiction
Save on Other Non-Fiction
- £25.98Trending at £27.05
- £8.25Trending at £8.87
- £8.94Trending at £9.19
- £17.94Trending at £18.46
- £7.43Trending at £8.42
- £14.54Trending at £15.33
- £23.94Trending at £24.52
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.