All listings for this product
Best-selling in Pregnancy Books
About this product
- DescriptionThis book examines the concept of social tourism within a European context. It places social tourism within a historical context of social development in the region, highlighting the diverse ways in which social tourism has evolved, identifying commonalities and providing a comprehensive definition.
- Author BiographyScott McCabe graduated from his doctoral studies in 2001 and has been working in higher education for last sixteen years. Scott is currently head of the Marketing Division at NottinghamUniversityBusinessSchool, where he has worked for seven years. Previously he worked in the hospitality sector, mainly in small hotels, restaurants and bars, travelling widely in Europe, Australia and South East Asia. He worked for a time in the fine wine trade. Dr Lynn Minnaert is a lecturer in tourism and events at the University of Surrey. Her research focuses on social tourism and social sustainability in tourism and events. Anya Diekmann is Professor of Tourism at the Universite Libre de Bruxelles (ULB), Belgium. Her research focuses mainly on cultural tourism, urban ethnic and slum tourism as well as social tourism.
- PublisherChannel View Publications Ltd
- Date of Publication26/10/2011
- GenreIndustrial Studies: General
- Series TitleAspects of Tourism
- Series Part/Volume Number52
- Place of PublicationBristol
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintChannel View Publications
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations, figures
- Weight339 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine12 mm
- Edited byAnya Diekmann,Lynn Minnaert,Scott McCabe
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.