All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionSocietal Contexts of Child Development provides comprehensive literature reviews for six broad contextual influences on children's development and addresses these contexts from an applied research perspective.
- Author BiographyElizabeth T. Gershoff is Associate Professor of Human Development and Family Sciences at the University of Texas, Austin. Dr. Gershoff studies the impacts of parenting, poverty, community violence, neighborhoods, and school contexts on child and youth development over time. Rashmita S. Mistry is Associate Professor of Education at the University of California, Los Angeles. Dr. Mistry's research examines the consequences of poverty and economic stress on family and child well-being, children's reasoning about social class and inequality, and the design and evaluation of elementary and middle school curricula focused on social and economic inequality. Danielle A. Crosby is Associate Professor of Human Development and Family Studies at the University of North Carolina, Greensboro. Dr. Crosby studies the environments, programs, and policies that impact young children's development in the context of social and economic disadvantage.
- PublisherOxford University Press Inc
- Date of Publication17/10/2013
- GenrePsychology: Professional & General
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintOxford University Press Inc
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations, figures
- Weight526 g
- Width164 mm
- Height242 mm
- Spine24 mm
- Edited byDanielle A. Crosby,Elizabeth T. Gershoff,Rashmita S. Mistry
Best selling in Other Non-Fiction
Save on Other Non-Fiction
- £9.49Trending at £9.70
- £6.19Trending at £6.42
- £4.67Trending at £5.15
- £32.40Trending at £34.34
- £10.88Trending at £12.93
- £11.85Trending at £12.42
- £12.39Trending at £13.21
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.