All listings for this product
About this product
- PublisherLexington Books
- Date of Publication25/02/2016
- GenreSociology & Anthropology: Professional
- Series TitleNew Directions in Culture and Governance
- Place of PublicationLanham, MD
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintLexington Books
- Weight276 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine14 mm
- Edited byLaurent Fleury
- Translated byMichael Lavin
- Foreword byTerry Nichols Clark
- Table Of ContentsForeword: A new perspective. Terry Nichols Clark, University of Chicago Preface: An invitation to think about culture: An institutional approach Chapter 1: Sociologists and Culture Chapter 2: Culture's Publics Chapter 3: Explaining Social and Cultural Hierarchies Chapter 4: The Question of Democratization of Culture Chapter 5: Contemporary Reorientations Chapter 6: The Work of the Institution: The Democratization of Culture in the Light of the Legacy of the TNP Chapter 7: The Influence of Mediation Apparatuses on the Structuring of Cultural Practices: The Pompidou Center's Correspondents Chapter 8: The Discourse of the Failure of the Democratization of Culture: Sociological Observation or Ideological Assertion?
- Author BiographyLaurent Fleury is professor of sociology at the Universite Paris Diderot (Paris 7).
Best selling in Other Non-Fiction
Save on Other Non-Fiction
- £9.49Trending at £9.53
- £6.19Trending at £6.27
- £4.67Trending at £5.11
- £32.40Trending at £33.55
- £11.14Trending at £12.74
- £11.85Trending at £12.22
- £12.39Trending at £12.99
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.