All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionWhen Rob Amberg first met Dellie Norton, she was 76 years old and had lived most of her life in the mountain community of Sodom Laurel, North Carolina. This work traces the relationship between them, years marked by the seasons of raising and harvesting food and by the gatherings of family.
- Author BiographyROB AMBERG is an award-winning photographer and writer who does assignment work for nonprofit organizations, foundations, and publications. He lives in Madison County, North Carolina. Dellie Chandler Norton (1898-1993) was a much-loved story-teller and ballad singer whose songs were recorded by Alan Lomax and John Cohen. In 1990, she received a North Carolina Folk Heritage Award.
- Author(s)Rob Amberg
- PublisherThe University of North Carolina Press
- Date of Publication30/11/2002
- FormatMixed media product
- GenreBiography: Historical, Political & Military
- Place of PublicationChapel Hill
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintThe University of North Carolina Press
- Content Note134 duotones
- Weight1170 g
- Width229 mm
- Height254 mm
- Spine21 mm
- Contained items statementContains Hardback and CD-Audio
Best selling in Other Non-Fiction
Save on Other Non-Fiction
- £7.99Trending at £9.60
- £7.85Trending at £8.47
- £4.88Trending at £5.06
- £4.98Trending at £5.79
- £14.67Trending at £15.47
- £16.13Trending at £20.42
- £8.49Trending at £8.85
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.