All listings for this product
About this product
- Author(s)James M. Anderson,Patricia A. Morreale
- PublisherApple Academic Press Inc.
- Date of Publication03/12/2014
- GenreComputer Communications & Networking
- Place of PublicationOakville
- Country of PublicationCanada
- ImprintApple Academic Press Inc.
- Content Note69 black & white illustrations, 2 black & white tables
- Weight385 g
- Width156 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine18 mm
- Format DetailsUnsewn / adhesive bound
- Table Of ContentsPreface About the Authors List of Abbreviations Virtualization Introduction Virtual Memory Virtual Memory Operation Virtual and Physical Memory Mapping Server Virtualization Importance of Virtualizing Servers Hypervisor Role in Server Virtualization Types of Virtualization Server Virtualization in Operation Storage Virtualization Computer Storage Operation Network-Attached Storage Storage-Area Networks Server-Based Storage Virtualization Storage-Network-Based Storage Virtualization Storage-Controller-Based Storage Virtualization Software Defined Networking Introduction Network Limitations Network Control Plane Forwarding Function Network State Function Configuration Function Separation of Functionality Applications SDN Implementation Introduction SDN Design Separation of the Control and Data Planes Edge-Oriented Networking SDN Operation Service Providers and SDN Introduction Telecommunication SDN Attributes Telecommunication SDN Services SDN Development Introduction Existing Network Limitations Programmable Networks Network/Application Information Legacy to SDN SDN Application Services Service-Engineered Path Service Appliance Pooling Content Request Routing Bandwidth Calendaring Social Networking Network Vendors and SDN Introduction Cisco VMware Juniper OpenDaylight Big Switch Networks Google and SDN Introduction Earlier Network Management Motivation for Solution Network Testing Simulating the Google WAN Google and SDN Google's G-Scale Network Google's G-Scale Network Hardware Google SDN Deployment Implementation Challenges Lessons Learned OpenFlow Introduction Overview of the OpenFlow Switch Specification OpenFlow Ports OpenFlow Packet-Processing Pipeline OpenFlow Channel Message Handling OpenFlow Channel Connections Controller Modes Auxiliary Connection Use for Performance and Reliability Flow Table Synchronization Bundle Messages OpenFlow Configuration-and-Management Protocol Remote Configuration Connection Establishment Between Switch and Controller OF-CONFIG Transport Protocol The Conformance Test Specification for OpenFlow Switch Specification 1.0.1 The OpenFlow(TM) Conformance Testing Program SDN Evolution Introduction SDN and Enterprise Networks SDN and Transport Networks SDN and Optical Transport Networks Increasing WAN Utilization with SDN How Scalable Are Software-Defined Networks? SDN Scalability Issues Controller Designs for Scalability Potential SDN Scalability Issues Network Types Next Steps SDN Management Network State Queries Using Frenetic Network Policy Creation Using Frenetic Consistent Updates with Frenetic Elastic and Distributed SDN Controllers Switch Migration Using the ElastiCon Distributed Controller Load Adaptation Summary References Index
- Author BiographyPatricia A. Morreale is a faculty member in the Department of Computer Science at Kean University, Union, New Jersey, where she conducts research in network management and design. Since joining Kean University, she has established the Network Laboratory, building on her prior work at Stevens Institute of Technology, and has continued her research in multimedia and mobile network performance and system design. Dr. Morreale holds a BS from Northwestern University, an MS from the University of Missouri, and a Ph.D from Illinois Institute of Technology, all in computer science. She holds a patent in the design of real-time database systems and has numerous journal and conference publications. James M. Anderson is the vice president of product management at GSL Solutions, Tampa, Florida, USA, and the president of Blue Elephant Consulting, a business communications consulting firm. Previously, he worked for Boeing, Siemens, Alcatel, Verizon, and a number of start-ups. Dr. Anderson holds a BS and MS from Washington University in St. Louis, a Ph.D from Florida Atlantic University, and an MBA from the University of Texas at Dallas. His research interests include effective network management techniques for very large networks, software as a service (SaaS) products, and software defined networking/networks function virtualization (SDN/NFV). Dr. Anderson has authored over 30 books and has numerous conference publications.
Best-selling in Computer & IT
Save on Computer & IT
- £16.70Trending at £20.99
- £15.72Trending at £17.46
- £26.62Trending at £27.36
- £23.56Trending at £26.13
- £19.99Trending at £24.14
- £23.56Trending at £31.89
- £17.29Trending at £27.99
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.