All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionSolfege and Sonority is a guide for teaching music literacy in a choral rehearsal, with a focus on the needs of teachers who work with young singers. Longtime choral director and teacher David J. Xiques outlines 18 easy-to-use lessons for teachers and conductors and ties the lessons to the teacher's current repertoire.
- Author BiographyDavid J. Xiques is Associate Professor of music in the School of Music and Dance at San Francisco State University, where he teaches ear training and musicianship classes and directs the University Chorus and Chamber Singers. His teaching experience includes 15 years in K-12 choral, junior and high school band, choral, and general music classes. A Kodaly specialist, he teaches at the Kodaly Summer Certification Program at New York University in New York City. He is also a professional tenor who performs with the San Francisco Symphony Chorus, for which he also serves as assistant chorus director. Mr. Xiques is a frequent choral clinician and presenter at professional music conferences.
- Author(s)David J. Xiques
- PublisherOxford University Press Inc
- Date of Publication28/08/2014
- GenreEducation & Teaching
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintOxford University Press Inc
- Content Note249 music examples
- Weight426 g
- Width216 mm
- Height280 mm
- Spine13 mm
Best-selling in Other Non-Fiction
Save on Other Non-Fiction
- £10.44Trending at £11.08
- £5.34Trending at £6.03
- £12.10Trending at £13.40
- £10.87Trending at £11.75
- £5.70Trending at £7.16
- £10.31Trending at £11.50
- £5.02Trending at £6.03
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.