All listings for this product
About this product
- Author(s)Hans Luth
- PublisherSpringer International Publishing AG
- Date of Publication06/11/2014
- Series TitleGraduate Texts in Physics
- Place of PublicationCham
- Country of PublicationSwitzerland
- ImprintSpringer International Publishing AG
- Content Note422 black & white illustrations, 21 colour illustrations, biography
- Weight1153 g
- Width155 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine33 mm
- Edition Statement6th ed. 2015
- Table Of ContentsSurface and Interface Physics: Its Definition and Importance.- Preparation of Well-Defined Surfaces, Interfaces and Thin Films.- Morphology and Structure of Surfaces, Interfaces and Thin Films.- Scattering from Surfaces and Thin Films.- Surface Phonons.- Electronic Surface States.- Space-Charge Layers at Semiconductor Inferfaces.- Metal-Semiconductor Junctions and Semiconductor Heterostructures.- Collective Phenomena at Interfaces:Superconductivity and Ferromagnetism.- Adsorption on Solid Surfaces.
- Author BiographyHans Luth was born in Aachen, Germany, in 1940. He received the diploma in physics in 1965 and the doctoral degree (PhD) in physics in 1968, both from the Aachen University of Technology (RWTH). Between 1974 and 1986 he held several guest scientist and visiting professor positions at the IBM Thomas J. Watson Research Centre (USA), the Universities of Paris (F), Aix-Marseille (F) and Modena (I). Since 1980 he has been professor for physics and since 2000 simultaneously professor for electrical engineering at the RWTH Aachen. Additionally, in 1988 he became the director of the Institute of Bio- and Nanosystems at the Research Centre Julich, Germany. In 2006 and 2007 he was Research Director for Key Technologies at the Research Centre Julich. For his scientific work and for his globally used text books he was awarded the Doctor Honoris Causa by the Universite de Haute-Alsace, Mulhouse-Colmar (F). His research interests center around semiconductor interface physics and quantum electronics.
Best-selling in Mathematics & Sciences
Save on Mathematics & Sciences
- £11.00Trending at £11.60
- £15.88Trending at £17.14
- £11.81Trending at £12.58
- £8.70Trending at £8.83
- £8.91Trending at £10.88
- £9.10Trending at £9.23
- £4.71Trending at £5.03
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.