All listings for this product
About this product
- PublisherSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Date of Publication06/10/2011
- GenrePsychiatry & Clinical Psychology: Professional
- Place of PublicationNew York, NY
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations, bibliography
- Weight1305 g
- Width170 mm
- Height244 mm
- Spine39 mm
- Edited byEleanor J. Fendler,K. L. Mittal
- Edition StatementSoftcover reprint of the original 1st ed. 1982
- Table Of ContentsI: General Overviews.- Structure and Dynamics of Micelles and Microemulsions.- Hydrophobic Interactions, An Overview.- Pressure Study on Surfactant Solutions.- Fluorescence Probes of Micellar Systems - An Overview.- Historical Aspects of Surfactant Adsorption at Liquid Surfaces.- Forces Operating in Adsorption of Surfactants and Other Solutes at Solid Surfaces - A Survey.- Surfactants and the Environment: Biodegradation Aspects.- Environmental and Human Health Aspects of Commercially Important Surfactants.- Zeolite Matrices as Solid Solvents: Adsorption Processes and Transition Metal Complexes. Relationship to Surfactant.- An Electrodic Approach to Bioelectrochemistry.- Semiconducting Photoactive Bilayer Lipid Membranes.- Chemists and Carcinogens - Exogenous and Endogenous.- Discussion.- II: Thermodynamics and Kinetics of Micellization in Aqueous Media.- Investigation of Micellar Behavior by Pulse Radiolysis.- Frequency Distribution Shifts in Micellar Kinetics.- The Association of Ionic Surfactants to Micelles and Liquid Crystalline Phases: A Thermodynamic Model.- Thermodynamics of Micellar Systems: Volumes and Heat Capacities of Alkyldimethylamine Oxides in Water.- Thermodynamic Properties of Binary and Ternary Aqueous Surfactant Systems.- Thermodynamics of the Sphere-to-Rod Transition in Alkyl Sulfate Micelles.- The Influence of Amphiphile Structure on the Micellar Behavior of Potassium Alkylcarboxylates: A Thermodynamic and Ultrasonic Relaxation Study.- Formation of Micelles of Cetyltrimethylammonium Bromide in Water-Acetone Solutions.- The Motional State of Hydrocarbon Chains in the Ternary System Sodium Octanoate - 1-Decanol - Water Studied by Deuterium NMR.- Near-Infrared and Heat Capacity Investigations of the State of Water in Surfactant and Alcohol Solutions.- Effects of Changes in the Hydrophilic Portion of a Heteropolar Surfactant on Micellization.- EPR of Spin Probes in Aqueous Solutions of Surfactants.- Dielectric Relaxation Spectroscopy of Zwitterionic Surfactants in Aqueous Micellar Solutions.- Micelle-Micelle Interaction in Aqueous Media from the Second Virial Coefficient.- Interaction of Cetyltrimethylammoniumbromide with Sodiumdodecylsulfate in Electrolyte and Nonelectrolyte Environments.- Casein Micelles and Micelles of ?- and ss -Casein.- Micellar Properties of Gangliosides.- Micellization, Solubilization and Microemulsions in Aqueous Biliary Lipid Systems.- Study on the Micelle Formation of Sodium Deoxycholate.- Thermodynamics of Bile Salt Interactions with Lipidic Substances.- The Conformation of the Glycerylphosphorylcholine Group in Phospholipid Forming Small Micelles.- Condensation of Surfactant Micelles on a Polymer Molecule in Aqueous Solution.- Polymer-Surfactant Interactions by Surfactant Selective Electrodes.- Thermometric and Surfactant Selective Potentiometric Titration Studies of Surfactant Binding to Phospholipid Vesicles.- Hydrophobic Interactions of Aromatic Hydrocarbons Induced by Surfactants and Polyelectrolytes.- Structure and Hydrophobic Bonding: Concepts and Applications to Anesthesia.- Discussion.- About the Contributors.
Best selling in Other Non-Fiction
Save on Other Non-Fiction
- £7.99Trending at £9.59
- £4.88Trending at £5.06
- £32.40Trending at £33.73
- £10.88Trending at £12.77
- £10.63Trending at £11.99
- £12.39Trending at £13.06
- £11.33Trending at £11.81
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.