All listings for this product
Best-selling in Manuals & Resources
Save on Manuals & Resources
- £5.98Trending at £7.03
- £7.50Trending at £9.96
- £15.74Trending at £22.99
- £8.99Trending at £11.93
- £5.66Trending at £6.99
- £6.50Trending at £6.92
- £5.95Trending at £6.48
About this product
- Author(s)John Crosby
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication21/10/2013
- GenrePsychology: Professional & General
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Content Note28 black & white illustrations, 28 black & white halftones
- Weight453 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Table Of ContentsPreface. Part I Background and Foreground: The Self In The System. 1 Erik Erikson and His Theory of Human Development. 2 Murray Bowen and His Theory of Family Systems. Part II Father Absent. 3 Winston Churchill and Lord Randolph Churchill. 4 The Roosevelt Boys and Franklin Delano Roosevelt. 5 Alexander the Great and King Philip. 6 Robert E. Lee and Light Horse Harry Lee. 7 The Adams Boys and John Adams. Part III Father Present. 8 Charles Darwin and Robert Darwin. 9 Franz Kafka and Hermann Kafka. 10 Benjamin Franklin and Josiah Franklin. 11 Sigmund Freud and Jakob Freud. Part IV Father Present Yet Distant. 12 Abraham Lincoln and Thomas Lincoln. 13 Ulysses S. Grant and Jesse Grant. Part V Father Present -- Yet Distant With Abuse. 14 Pat Conroy and Colonel Dan Conroy. 15 The Crosby Boys and Harry (Bing) Crosby. 16 Adolf Hitler and Aloise Hitler. 17 Joseph Stalin and Vissarion Dzhugashvili. Part VI Father Present -- With Commercial and/or Political Intent. 18 Amadeus Mozart and Leopold Mozart. 19 Ludwig van Beethoven and Johann Beethoven. 20 John F. Kennedy and Joseph P. Kennedy. Part VII Father Present with Abuse and Commercial Intent. 21 Michael Jackson and Joseph Jackson. Part VIII Three Present Fathers. 22 William Tecumseh Sherman and Charles R. Sherman (deceased) and The Honorable Thomas Ewing. Conclusions. Availability: Father Present, Distant, and Absent. Violence and Abuse: Physical and Mental/Emotional. Authority and Good Enough Fathering. Bibliography. Index.
- Author BiographyJohn Fulling Crosby received his PhD in family development, including certification in marriage and family therapy, from Syracuse University in 1970. He was an assistant professor at Indiana University from 1970-76 and Professor of Family Studies at the University of Kentucky from 1976-1992. He also served as Chair of the Department of Family Studies at the University of Kentucky, 1976-1984. He is married with three grown sons, Rick, Andrew, and Scott.
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.