All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionSound of the Ax is a collection of over 400 wise and witty sayings and 26 aphoristic poems by one of the essential poets of the twentieth century, William Stafford.
- Author BiographyVincent Wixon, scholar in the William Stafford Archives, is the author of three books of poetry: Blue Moon, The Square Grove and Seed. He has coproduced documentary films on Lawson Inada and William Stafford. His article written with Paul Merchant, William Stafford and His First Publishers: The Making of West of Your City and Traveling through the Dark, can be read on the Stafford Archives website.
Paul Merchant is the former director of the William Stafford Archives at the Aubrey R. Watzek Library, Lewis & Clark College. He is the author of several poetry collections including Bone from a Stag's Heart and Some Business of Affinity. He coedited, with Vincent Wixon, The Answers Are Inside the Mountains: Meditations on the Writing Life and Crossing Unmarked Snow: Further Views on the Writer's Vocation.
- PublisherUniversity of Pittsburgh Press
- Date of Publication30/01/2014
- GenrePoetry Texts & Poetry Anthologies
- Series TitlePitt Poetry Series
- Place of PublicationPittsburgh PA
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintUniversity of Pittsburgh Press
- Weight159 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine8 mm
- Edited byPaul Merchant,Vincent Wixon
Best selling in Other Non-Fiction
Save on Other Non-Fiction
- £8.53Trending at £9.57
- £6.19Trending at £6.30
- £32.40Trending at £33.67
- £10.88Trending at £12.78
- £12.39Trending at £13.04
- £11.33Trending at £12.31
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.