All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionA collection of English-language readings on Japan. Containing materials on history, society, politics, education, philosophy, and religion, this text features an introduction to Japanese civilization. It also covers the Tokugawa period to 1868 and addresses the spread of neo-Confucianism and Buddhism and the encounters of Japan and the West.
- Author BiographyWm. Theodore de Bary is the John Mitchell Mason Professor Emeritus and provost emeritus of Columbia University and currently holds the title of Special Service Professor. He has written extensively on Confucianism in East Asia and is the editor of the first editions of Sources of Chinese Tradition (Columbia) and Sources of Japanese Tradition (Columbia). Carol Gluck is the George Sansom Professor of History at Columbia University. She is the author of Japan's Modern Myths: Ideology in the Late Meiji Period. Arthur E. Tiedemann is a member of the Society of Senior Scholars at the Heyman Center for the Humanities, Columbia University. He is the author of Modern Japan: A Brief History.
- PublisherColumbia University Press
- Date of Publication06/09/2006
- GenreRegional History
- Series TitleIntroduction to Asian Civilizations
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintColumbia University Press
- Weight998 g
- Width162 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine33 mm
- Edited byArthur E. Tiedemann,Carol Gluck,William Theodore De Bary
- Edition Statement2nd Abridged edition
Best-selling in History & Military
Save on History & Military
- £22.43Trending at £25.63
- £7.09Trending at £9.19
- £8.77Trending at £11.46
- £9.50Trending at £16.88
- £7.29Trending at £7.95
- £6.65Trending at £8.67
- £12.71Trending at £16.98
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.