All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionFeatures eighteen contemporary short stories that take the reader on a journey through South Africa's literary landscape, exploring Africa's most popular travel destination. This book, divided into three areas of South Africa - Gauteng, KwaZulu-Natal, and the Western Cape - also includes game parks, farms and even mines.
- Author BiographyIsabel Balseiro is the Alexander and Adelaide Hixon Professor of Humanities at Harvey Mudd College, in Claremont, California. Her publications on South Africa include To Change seels: Film and Film Culture in South Africa and the anthology Running Towards Us: New Writing from South Africa. Tobias Hecht is the author of At Home in the Street: Street Children of Northeast Brazil, which won the Margaret Mead Award, and After Life: An Ethnographic Novel. One of his short stories, written in Spanish, won second prize in Spain's Hucha de Oro, which carries the world's largest prize for a single piece of short fiction. An independent scholar, writer, and translator, he received his Ph.D. from Cambridge.
- PublisherWhereabouts Press
- Date of Publication07/05/2009
- GenreTravel Writing
- Series TitleTraveler's Literary Companion
- Series Part/Volume Number17
- Place of PublicationSan Francisco
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintWhereabouts Press
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations, maps
- Weight257 g
- Width127 mm
- Height184 mm
- Spine23 mm
- Edited byIsabel Balseiro,Tobias Hecht
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
Best selling in Other Non-Fiction
Save on Other Non-Fiction
- £4.78Trending at £5.06
- £32.40Trending at £33.73
- £10.88Trending at £12.77
- £10.63Trending at £11.99
- £12.39Trending at £13.06
- £11.33Trending at £12.13
- £9.91Trending at £10.52
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.