All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis work rediscovers a time and a people nearly erased from public memory. It turns to the period after Reconstruction before a tide of reaction imposed a new system of controls on the black population of the state. It examines the progress of African Americans in politics, education, and labour.
- Author BiographyGeorge B. Tindall, Kenan Professor of History Emeritus at the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, is also the author of The Emergence of the New South, 1913-1945 and The Ethnic Southerners. He lives in Chapel Hill.
- Author(s)George Brown Tindall
- PublisherUniversity of South Carolina Press
- Date of Publication30/11/2002
- GenreRegional History
- Series TitleSouthern Classics
- Place of PublicationSouth Carolina
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintUniversity of South Carolina Press
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight594 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine25 mm
- Edition StatementNew edition
Best selling in Other Non-Fiction
Save on Other Non-Fiction
- £8.54Trending at £9.57
- £6.19Trending at £6.30
- £4.67Trending at £5.13
- £32.40Trending at £33.67
- £11.14Trending at £12.78
- £12.39Trending at £13.04
- £11.33Trending at £12.31
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.