CURRENTLY SOLD OUT
Best-selling in Adult Learning & University
Save on Adult Learning & University
- £9.08Trending at £9.18
- £26.45Trending at £27.79
- £11.12Trending at £13.99
- £7.44Trending at £8.98
- £10.89Trending at £12.29
- £18.09Trending at £19.20
- £15.21Trending at £18.61
About this product
- DescriptionMerges two schools of thought - one that is political economic, and the other more culturally oriented - into a unified Lefebvrian approach to contemporary urban issues and the nature of our spatialized social structures.
- Author BiographyKanishka Goonewardena was trained as an architect in Sri Lanka and now teaches urban design and critical theory at the University of Toronto. He is working on two books, The Future of Planning at the End of History (forthcoming from Routledge) and The Urban Sensorium: Space, Ideology and the Aestheticization of Politics, exploring the making of cities, capitalism, and ideology. Stefan Kipfer teaches urbanization, urban politics, and planning in the Faculty of Environmental Studies, York University, Toronto. Informed by urban social theory, especially Henri Lefebvre, Frantz Fanon, and Antonio Gramsci, his research is focused on comparative politics, restructuring and colonization in metropolitan regions. Richard Milgrom teaches community design and urban planning processes in the Department of City Planning at the University of Manitoba. Based on his experiences as an architect and social justice activist his courses encourage direct involvement with communities. His research focuses on participatory design in culturally diverse environments. Christian Schmid is lecturer for urban sociology in the Department of Architecture ETH Zurich and senior researcher at ETH Studio Basel, Switzerland. He is the author of Stadt, Raum und Gesellschaft: Henri Lefebvre und die Produktion des Raumes, a leading work on Henri Lefebvre, as well as numerous publications on urban politics, social movements, regulation theory and urban social theory.
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication31/03/2008
- GenreSociology & Anthropology: Professional
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Weight453 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine18 mm
- Edited byChristian Schmid,Kanishka Goonewardena,Richard Milgrom,Stefan Kipfer
- Format DetailsB-format paperback
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.