All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis Very Short Introduction introduces the ways in which Spanish literature has been read, in and outside Spain, explaining misconceptions, outlining the insights of recent scholarship, and suggesting new readings. It explores the relationship between Spanish literature and modernity and issues of gender and sexuality.
- Author BiographyJo Labanyi is Professor of Spanish and Director of the King Juan Carlos I of Spain Center at New York University, having previously held chairs at the University of London (where she directed the Institute of Romance Studies from 1997-2002) and University of Southampton. She is founding editor of the Journal of Spanish Cultural Studies. Her research interests are in 19th- and 20th-century Spanish cultural history, including literature, film, visual culture, popular culture, gender, and memory. In 2005 she was elected a Fellow of the British Academy.
- Author(s)Jo Labayni
- PublisherOxford University Press
- Date of Publication26/08/2010
- GenreLiterary Criticism
- Series TitleVery Short Introductions
- Place of PublicationOxford
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintOxford University Press
- Content Note15 black and white halftones
- Weight134 g
- Width114 mm
- Height175 mm
- Spine9 mm
Best selling in Literature, Poetry & Criticism
Save on Literature, Poetry & Criticism
- £9.70Trending at £10.85
- £7.53Trending at £8.29
- £7.79Trending at £8.36
- £6.23Trending at £9.00
- £9.16Trending at £11.13
- £7.97Trending at £12.48
- £10.39Trending at £10.99
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.