All listings for this product
About this product
- Author(s)Eric Delmelle,Professor Pavlos Kanaroglou
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication28/09/2015
- GenreMedicine: General
- Series TitleGeographies of Health Series
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintAshgate Publishing Limited
- Content NoteIncludes 31 b&w illustrations and 43 maps
- Weight778 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine21 mm
- Edited byAntonio Paez
- Series Edited bySusan J. Elliott, JD. MEd.
- Table Of ContentsContents: Introduction: spatial analysis and health, Eric Delmelle and Pavlos S. Kanaroglou. Section 1 Methods: Effective use of GIS for spatial epidemiology, Linda Beale; An assessment of online geocoding services for health research in a mid-sized Canadian city, Patrick DeLuca and Pavlos S. Kanaroglou; Clustering and co-occurrence of cancer types: a comparison of techniques with an application to pediatric cancer in Murcia, Spain, Antonio Paez, Fernando A. Lopez-Hernandez, Juan A. Ortega-Garcia and Manuel Ruiz. Section 2 Infectious Disease: Spatio-temporal characteristics of the medieval Black Death, Brian H. Bossak and Mark R. Welford; Space-time visualization of dengue fever outbreaks, Eric Delmelle, Meijuan Jia, Coline Dony, Irene Casas and Wenwu Tang; Disease at the molecular scale: methods for exploring spatial patterns of pathogen genetics, Margaret Carrel. Section 3 Chronic Disease: Modeling spatial variation in disease risk in epidemiologic studies, David C. Wheeler and Umaporn Siangphoe; The spatial epidemiology of mental well-being in Dhaka's slums, Oliver Gruebner, Mobarak Hossain Khan, Sven Lautenbach, Daniel Muller, Alexander Kramer, Tobia Lakes, Patrick Hostert and Sandro Galea; Space-time analysis of late-stage breast cancer incidence in Michigan, Pierre Goovaerts and Maxime Goovaerts. Section 4 Exposure: A method for reducing classical error in long-term average air pollution concentrations from incomplete time-series data, Matthew D. Adams and Pavlos S. Kanaroglou; The geographic distribution of metal dust exposure in Syracuse, NY, Daniel A. Griffith; Participatory and ubiquitous sensing for exposure assessment in spatial epidemiology, Michael Jerrett, Colleen E. Reid, Thomas E. McKone and Petros Koutrakis. Section 5 Accessibility and Health: Locational planning of health care facilities, Alan T. Murray and Tony H. Grubesic; Planning towards maximum equality in accessibility of NCI Cancer Centers in the U.S., Fahui Wang, Cong Fu and Xun Shi; Spatial dimensions of access to health care services, Daniel J. Lewis; Nature and death: an individual level analysis of the relationship between biophilic environments and premature mortality in Florida, Christopher J. Coutts and Mark W. Horner. Appendix; Index.
- Author BiographyPavlos Kanaroglou is Professor in the Department of Geography and Earth Science at McMaster University, Canada. Eric Delmelle is Assistant Professor in the Department of Geography and Earth Sciences at UNC Charlotte, USA. Antonio PA!ez is Associate Professor in the Department of Geography and Earth Science at McMaster University, Canada.
Best selling in Other Non-Fiction
Save on Other Non-Fiction
- £9.49Trending at £9.53
- £6.19Trending at £6.27
- £4.67Trending at £5.11
- £32.40Trending at £33.55
- £11.14Trending at £12.74
- £11.85Trending at £12.22
- £12.39Trending at £12.99
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.