Special Educational Needs for Qualified and Trainee Teachers: A practical guide to the new changes by Rita Cheminais (Paperback, 2014)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- £22.62+ £1.69 P&P
- New condition
- Sold by wordery
- See details for delivery est.
- £13.33+ £1.48 P&P
- Very Good condition
- Sold by revivalbooks
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- Author(s)Rita Cheminais
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication25/11/2014
- GenreEducation & Teaching
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Content Note20 black & white tables, 13 black & white line drawings
- Weight453 g
- Width210 mm
- Height297 mm
- Edition Statement3rd Revised edition
- Table Of Contents1. Working within the law and frameworks for SEN and disability Demystifying the terminology Legislation and developments in SEN and disability 2010-2014 The Children and Families Act 2014, Part 3 The SEND Code of Practice (0-25) 2014 The Equality Act 2010 and its related duties OFSTED inspections and SEND Teachers professional development for SEND The concept, use and impact of the pupil premium 2. Promoting good progress and outcomes for pupils with SEN Teacher accountability for SEN pupils' attainment, progress and outcomes Making best use of the DfE guidance on Progression SEN Support: a graduated approach to ensuring the progress of pupils with SEN The brain, memory and their influence on SEN pupils learning and progress Meta-cognition improving the learning and progress of pupils with SEN Supporting pupils with SEN to become independent learners Setting relevant homework to enhance the progress and learning of pupils with SEN 3. Adapting teaching to respond to the strengths and needs of pupils with SEN Barriers to learning for pupils with SEN and to overcome these Learning styles Differentiation to ensure effective teaching for pupils with SEN The features of high quality teaching Using questioning Developing thinking skills Meeting the needs of pupils with high-incidence SEN Different stages of development informing the adaptation of teaching 4. Making accurate and productive use of assessment The underpinning principles and purpose of assessment Assessment terminology The government's latest assessment expectations and reforms The SEND Code of Practice 2014 and assessment The principles and practice of effective assessment for learning and SEN pupils How best to give pupils with SEN assessment feedback Using and analysing SEN pupil-level attainment data How to engage pupils with SEN in assessing and reviewing their own learning 5. Effective behaviour management to ensure a good and safe learning environment Identification of pupils with social, emotional and mental health difficulties Government expectations regarding pupil behaviour Different levels of classroom behaviour Recording, analysing and tracking pupil behaviour The four R's framework for effective behaviour management Twenty top tips for managing pupil behaviour Meeting OFSTED expectations for pupil behaviour Identifying and tackling bullying, including cyber-bullying Concept, causes and characteristics of pupils with low self-esteem Positive approaches to raising pupils' self-esteem Developing a safe emotionally intelligent learning environment 6. Fulfilling wider professional development responsibilities Developing effective teamwork with other colleagues Productive partnerships with multi-agency practitioners Working in partnership with the SEN Co-ordinator The concept and features of the person centred approach Coaching and mentoring to build teacher capacity in SEN Deploying teaching assistants effectively Effective partnership working with parents and carers of pupils with SEN Using the structured conversation to strengthen parental communication
- Author BiographyRita Cheminais is a freelance education consultant, author and national speaker.
Best-selling in Other Non-Fiction
Save on Other Non-Fiction
- £24.44Trending at £26.14
- £23.12Trending at £34.97
- £10.01Trending at £10.71
- £24.23Trending at £25.20
- £17.16Trending at £22.75
- £21.65Trending at £23.99
- £4.99Trending at £6.17
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.