All listings for this product
About this product
- Author(s)Diana O'Hehir
- PublisherEastern Washington University Press,U.S.
- Date of Publication01/01/1996
- GenrePoetry Texts & Poetry Anthologies
- Place of PublicationCheney
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintEastern Washington University Press,U.S.
- Weight186 g
- Width171 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine7 mm
- Author BiographyDIANA O'HEHIR's reputation as a writer has grown steadily since the seventies, when her first collection of poems, Summoned, received the Devins Award. She is the author of two additional books of poems and of two novels, and is co-editor of an anthology, MotherSongs. Her poetry honors include the Poetry Society of America's Di Castagnola for her third book of poems, Home Free. Her fiction has earned her a Guggenheim Award in Fiction and an NEA Fiction Award; she was runner-up for the Pulitzer Prize in Fiction, 1984, for her first novel, I Wish the War Were Over. She taught English and Creative Writing at Mills College for thirty-two years. During much of this tie she was married to the literary scholar Brendan O'Hehir. Her divorce from him and his death form the impetus for this book. She now lives with her husband, the writer Mel Fiske, in San Francisco.
Best-selling in Literature, Poetry & Criticism
Save on Literature, Poetry & Criticism
- £34.31Trending at £42.40
- £8.90Trending at £9.46
- £8.77Trending at £9.03
- £4.16Trending at £4.81
- £3.20Trending at £4.58
- £6.36Trending at £6.93
- £7.65Trending at £8.59
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.