All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionPresents wartime memoirs of a spitfire pilot, who led his squadron into battle over much of Europe during Second World War.
- Author BiographyThe author, who is now deceased, was born in India, brought up in Scotland and educated at Morrison's Academy in Crieff. He returned to India in 1933 to start a career as a tea-planter. Due to the Depression he returned to England in 1939. After the war his tours of duty included India, Malaya, the USA and West Germany. He retired from the RAF in 1960 to become a senior executive in the aircraft division of a major manufacturer.
- Author(s)W.G.G.Duncan Smith
- PublisherJohn Murray General Publishing Division
- Date of Publication23/03/2002
- GenreBiography: Historical, Political & Military
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintJohn Murray Publishers Ltd
- Out-of-print date30/05/2006
- Content Note8pp illustrations
- Weight221 g
- Width129 mm
- Height196 mm
- Spine16 mm
- Format DetailsB-format paperback
Best selling in Biographies & True Stories
Save on Biographies & True Stories
- £11.18Trending at £13.69
- £13.58Trending at £26.35
- £9.63Trending at £10.53
- £5.57Trending at £5.88
- £7.83Trending at £8.42
- £7.30Trending at £14.31
- £8.57Trending at £9.23
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.