All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe 2008 Olympic Games will be held in Beijing but many human rights activists support a boycott. They liken the circumstances to previous governments that used the games to glorify their regimes - most notoriously the Nazis in 1936. What has led to this perception and is it fair? This work challenges many such ingrained Western assumptions.
- Author BiographyProfessor Grant Jarvie is Deputy Principal and Chair of Sports Studies at the University of Stirling. He is past President of the British Society of Sports History and Honorary Professor with the Academy of Physical Education and Sport, Warsaw. Dr. Dong-Jhy Hwang is Associate Professor with The National College of Physical Education and Sports in Taiwan. Mel Brennan is a lecturer, Towson University (USA). Mel is the former Head of Special Projects for CONCACAF, a confederation of FIFA.
- Author(s)Dong-Jhy Hwang,Grant Jarvie,Mel Brennan
- PublisherBloomsbury Publishing PLC
- Date of Publication01/04/2008
- GenreIndustrial Studies: General
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintBerg Publishers
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight405 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine14 mm
- Format DetailsLaminated cover
Best selling in Other Non-Fiction
Save on Other Non-Fiction
- £8.53Trending at £9.57
- £6.19Trending at £6.30
- £4.80Trending at £5.13
- £32.40Trending at £33.67
- £10.88Trending at £12.78
- £9.99Trending at £10.60
- £12.39Trending at £13.04
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.