All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe 2008 Olympic Games will be held in Beijing but human rights activists support a boycott. They liken the circumstances to previous governments that used the games to glorify their regimes - most notoriously the Nazis in 1936. What has led to this perception? This book debunks myths such as the prevalence of drugs in Chinese sport among women.
- Author BiographyProfessor Grant Jarvie is Deputy Principal and Chair of Sports Studies at the University of Stirling. He is past President of the British Society of Sports History and Honorary Professor with the Academy of Physical Education and Sport, Warsaw. Dr. Dong-Jhy Hwang is Associate Professor with The National College of Physical Education and Sports in Taiwan. Mel Brennan is a lecturer, Towson University (USA). Mel is the former Head of Special Projects for CONCACAF, a confederation of FIFA.
- Author(s)Dong-Jhy Hwang,Grant Jarvie,Mel Brennan
- PublisherBloomsbury Publishing PLC
- Date of Publication01/04/2008
- GenreIndustrial Studies: General
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintBerg Publishers
- Content Notebibliography, index
- Weight287 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine11 mm
Best-selling in Other Non-Fiction
Save on Other Non-Fiction
- £10.44Trending at £11.08
- £5.34Trending at £6.03
- £10.25Trending at £11.86
- £12.10Trending at £13.40
- £10.87Trending at £11.75
- £5.02Trending at £6.51
- £5.70Trending at £7.16
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.