All listings for this product
Best-selling in Pregnancy Books
About this product
- DescriptionThis new major work on sport and leisure management takes a wide and holistic view of the topic, conceptualising sport and leisure management as an area of study that is underpinned by a range of social science disciplines.
- Author BiographyProfessor Mike Weed is Professor of Sport in Society, Director of the Centre for Sport, Physical Education and Activity Research (SPEAR), and Director of Research for the Faculty of Social and Applied Sciences at Canterbury Christ Church University in the UK. He is interested in sport and physical activity consumption, the processes by which people engage with sport and health messages, and strategies for encouraging behaviour change, and his work in this area has been funded by the Economic and Social Research Council, the UK Department of Health, UK Sport, Sport England, and the Youth Sport Trust. Professor Weed is also interested in all areas of the relationship between sport and tourism, but particularly in the motivations and behaviours of active sports tourists and travelling sports spectators, and in the implications of hosting the Olympic and Paralympic Games. Professor Weed is author (with Chris Bull) of Sports Tourism: Participants, Policy and Providers (2nd Ed., Elsevier, 2009) and Olympic Tourism (Elsevier, 2008), and Editor of Sport & Tourism: A Reader (Routledge, 2008). He is Editor of the Journal of Sport & Tourism (Taylor & Francis), has Guest Edited issues of European Sport Management Quarterly, European Journal of Sport Science and Psychology of Sport & Exercise, and sits on the Editorial Boards of Qualitative Research in Sport & Exercise and Psychology of Sport & Exercise.
- PublisherSAGE Publications Ltd
- Date of Publication03/12/2013
- GenreIndustrial Studies: General
- Series TitleSage Library of Tourism, Hospitality & Leisure
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintSAGE Publications Ltd
- Content NoteIllustrations (black and white), maps (black and white)
- Weight3180 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine124 mm
- Edited byMike Weed
- Contained items statement4 Hardbacks
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.