All listings for this product
Best-selling in Sports
Save on Sports
- £10.60Trending at £10.75
- £14.54Trending at £19.98
- £11.54Trending at £14.87
- £46.15Trending at £58.35
- £14.34Trending at £19.99
- £6.04Trending at £6.36
- £30.35Trending at £37.48
About this product
- DescriptionThe British have had a hand in devising most popular, contemporary sports. Holt examines the values and social assumptions implicit in the British attitudes towards various games and how and why the playing and organization of sports have changed over the last 190 years.
- Author BiographyRichard Holt was Lecturer in History at the University of Stirling.
- Author(s)Richard Holt
- PublisherOxford University Press
- Date of Publication09/08/1990
- GenreGeneral Sport & Fitness Training
- Series TitleOxford Studies in Social History
- Place of PublicationOxford
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintClarendon Press
- Content Note8 pp black and white plates
- Weight585 g
- Width138 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine24 mm
- Format DetailsB-format paperback
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.