CURRENTLY SOLD OUT
Best selling in Law
Save on Law
- £40.04Trending at £41.92
- £38.29Trending at £40.09
- £32.03Trending at £35.09
- £11.30Trending at £17.84
- £12.59Trending at £14.98
- £8.80Trending at £10.67
- £9.30Trending at £9.47
About this product
- DescriptionThis book is a comprehensive guide to the epidemiology and methodology involved in sports injury research, including detailed background on epidemiological methods employed in research on sports injuries and discussions on key methodological issues.
- Author BiographyProf Willem van Mechelen worked for 9 years at an Amsterdam high school as a PE teacher, combining this with studying medicine at the University of Amsterdam. After his certification as an MD in 1982 he started working at various out-patient clinics as a sports and occupational physician. He also started in that year his scientific career with a part-time appointment at the Faculty of Human Movement Sciences of the Vrije Universiteit in Amsterdam. He earned his PhD in Human Movement Sciences in 1992. Currently, he is employed by the VU University Medical Centre in Amsterdam as a full professor of Occupational and Sports Medicine. In this capacity he is the head of the Department of Public and Occupational Health, co-director of the EMGO Institute, vice-dean of the Netherlands School of Public and Occupational Health and director of Research Centre Body@Work TNO VUmc. He leads a group of about 40 persons who conduct primary care research in the area of work, physical activity, sport and health.
- PublisherOxford University Press
- Date of Publication03/12/2009
- GenreClinical Medicine: Professional
- Place of PublicationOxford
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintOxford University Press
- Content NoteVarious black and white line drawings and halftones
- Weight522 g
- Width172 mm
- Height246 mm
- Spine13 mm
- Edited byEvert Verhagen,Willem Van Mechelen
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.