All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionStars are a constant source of fascination. In this Very Short Introduction Andrew King introduces us to the science of stars; how they are born, how they live, and how they die. He shows how understanding the stars is the key to understanding the galaxies they inhabit, and how they provide us with clues to the existence of planets like our own.
- Author BiographyAndrew King is Professor of Astrophysics at the University of Leicester, and heads the theoretical astrophysics research group there. His work has been recognised by a Royal Society Wolfson Research Merit Award, and a Senior Fellowship of the Particle Physics and Astronomy Research Council. He has published more than 250 research papers and is a co-author of several books. He is also deputy editor-in-chief of Monthly Notices of the Royal Astronomical Society. In 2014 he was awarded the Eddington Medal of the Royal Astronomical Society for investigations of outstanding merit in theoretical astrophysics.
- Author(s)Andrew King
- PublisherOxford University Press
- Date of Publication26/07/2012
- GenreScience & Mathematics: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Series TitleVery Short Introductions
- Place of PublicationOxford
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintOxford University Press
- Content Note13 black and white illustrations
- Weight110 g
- Width116 mm
- Height173 mm
- Spine8 mm
Best-selling in Superheroes
Save on Superheroes
- £9.55Trending at £9.90
- £15.76Trending at £19.95
- £11.58Trending at £11.96
- £10.99Trending at £13.47
- £3.58Trending at £5.49
- £12.58Trending at £15.90
- £9.52Trending at £11.38
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.