All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionReflections on how Americans are constrained by cultural scripts for age-, race-, and gender-proper emotional behavior and how our increasingly media-saturated culture impoverishes our interior lives.
- Author BiographyKathleen Woodward is Professor of English at the University of Washington, where she directs the Simpson Center for the Humanities. She is the author of Aging and Its Discontents: Freud and Other Fictions and the editor of Figuring Age: Women, Bodies, Generations and The Myths of Information: Technology and Postindustrial Culture.
- Author(s)Kathleen Woodward
- PublisherDuke University Press
- Date of Publication16/01/2009
- GenreCommunication & Media
- Place of PublicationNorth Carolina
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintDuke University Press
- Weight476 g
- Width3895 mm
- Height5830 mm
- Spine23 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
Best selling in Other Non-Fiction
Save on Other Non-Fiction
- £9.49Trending at £9.53
- £6.19Trending at £6.31
- £4.67Trending at £5.06
- £32.40Trending at £33.76
- £11.85Trending at £12.22
- £12.39Trending at £12.99
- £11.33Trending at £12.26
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.