All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionStatistics for Lawyers
- Author BiographyMichael O. Finkelstein was a practicing lawyer in New York City (now retired). He has for many years been a member of the adjunct faculty of Columbia University Law School, teaching statistics for lawyers, and has also taught that subject at Harvard University, Yale University, and the University of Pennsylvania law schools. He is the author of a book of essays, Quantitative Methods in Law, and a monograph, Basic Concepts of Probability and Statistics in the Law, as well as numerous law review articles on the applications of statistics in law. His articles have been cited by the U.S. Supreme Court and other courts. He has been for many years the editor of two law journals, The Review of Securities and Commodities Regulation and The Review of Banking and Financial Services, and is currently their publisher as well. Bruce Levin is Professor and past Chair of the Department of Biostatistics at the Joseph L. Mailman School of Public Health of Columbia University. He is a Fellow of the American Statistical Association and an American Public Health Association Statistics Section Award winner. Dr. Levin has a long-standing interest in statistical methodology for clinical trials, public health, and the law. Using sequential statistical methods, he has developed innovative trial designs, has served as the senior statistical designer for many randomized clinical trials, and has authored numerous articles on the subject of biostatistics. He consults and testifies as an expert in legal cases involving statistical issues.
- Author(s)Bruce Levin,Michael O. Finkelstein
- PublisherSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Date of Publication01/03/2011
- GenreLaw: General & Reference
- Series TitleStatistics for Social and Behavioral Sciences
- Place of PublicationNew York, NY
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Content Note56 black & white illustrations, 65 black & white tables, biography
- Weight1309 g
- Width155 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine42 mm
- Edition Statement3rd Revised edition
Best-selling in Other Non-Fiction
Save on Other Non-Fiction
- £6.40Trending at £7.35
- £5.96Trending at £6.38
- £23.94Trending at £24.69
- £10.31Trending at £11.79
- £30.25Trending at £30.96
- £6.52Trending at £6.86
- £7.83Trending at £8.34
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.