All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis volume is devoted to the causes of amphibian decline and to conservation measures in Western Europe (Britain, Ireland, The Netherlands, Belgium, France, Spain and Portugal). Experts from each country describe the ecological background and the conservation status of affected species, with an emphasis on native species.
- Author BiographyHarold Heatwole is an ecologist and herpetologist. His first PhD (University of Michigan) dealt with habitat use by amphibians, but then he branched out and studied other taxa, mostly reptiles and amphibians, but also ants, tardigrades, and seabirds. He earned a second PhD in Botany with a dissertation on the dynamics of vegetation on coral cays on the Great Barrier Reef of Australia (University of Queensland). He completed his education with a PhD in Geography (James Cook University) and a DsC (University of New England, Australia). He had faculty appointments at the University of Puerto Rico, University of New England, and currently is Professor of Biology at North Carolina State University and Adjunct Professor of Zoology at the University of New England. He is editor in Chief of the journal Integrative and Comparative Biology. He is a Fellow of the Explorers Club. John W. Wilkinson is a conservation biologist specializing in studying and monitoring amphibians and reptiles. He started working with herpetofauna whilst an undergraduate and now nobody will give him a proper job. For eight years he was International Coordinator of the Declining Amphibian Populations Task Force and is currently Science Program Manager for the charity Amphibian and Reptile Conservation. John's PhD thesis was on toad conservation - it just made him realize how much more there is to find out...
- PublisherPelagic Publishing
- Date of Publication01/07/2013
- GenreNatural History: Animal & Wildlife
- Series TitleAmphibian Biology
- Series Part/Volume Numberv. 11, pt. 3
- Place of PublicationExeter
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintPelagic Publishing
- Content Notefigures, black & white tables
- Weight225 g
- Width170 mm
- Height244 mm
- Spine6 mm
- Edited byHarold Heatwole,John W. Wilkinson
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
Best-selling in Superheroes
Save on Superheroes
- £13.45Trending at £14.34
- £4.00Trending at £8.00
- £11.29Trending at £15.22
- £4.88Trending at £5.07
- £8.01Trending at £8.46
- £17.55Trending at £18.47
- £17.38Trending at £18.55
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.