All listings for this product
About this product
- Author(s)Dr. Marilyn Coleman,Lawrence Ganong
- PublisherSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Date of Publication16/07/2016
- GenrePsychology: Professional & General
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Content Note9 black & white illustrations, 2 colour illustrations, biography
- Weight701 g
- Width155 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine21 mm
- Edition Statement2nd Revised edition
- Table Of ContentsStudying (and Understanding) Stepfamilies.- The Cultural Context of Stepfamilies.- Pathways.- Courtship in Stepfamilies.- Couple Dynamics in Stepfamilies.- Gay and Lesbian Couples in Stepfamilies.- The Dynamics of Parenting in Stepfamilies.- The Dynamics of Stepparenting.- Effects of Stepfamily Living on Children.- Siblings, Half-siblings, and Stepsiblings.- Grandparents and Stepgrandparents.- Clinical Perspectives on Stepfamily Dynamics.- Working with Stepfamilies.- Challenges and Concerns in the Study of Stepfamilies.
- Author BiographyLawrence Ganong and Marilyn Coleman have studied, taught, counseled, and mediated with stepfamilies and stepfamily members for over 30 years. They are prolific authors (7 books, over 200 journal articles), whose writing and thinking about stepfamilies have heavily influenced researchers and clinicians for many years. In their persistent use of a risk and resilience approach to studying stepfamily relationships, Ganong and Coleman have given the field many new ideas, such as concrete babies, inherited stepgrandparents, mothering but not a mother role, and the end table phenomenon. Their 2004 edition of this book was the most comprehensive examination of stepfamily relationships to that point in time, and this volume is even more wide-ranging.
Best selling in Other Non-Fiction
Save on Other Non-Fiction
- £4.78Trending at £5.06
- £32.40Trending at £33.73
- £10.88Trending at £12.77
- £10.63Trending at £11.99
- £12.39Trending at £13.06
- £11.33Trending at £12.13
- £9.91Trending at £10.52
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.