All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionCovers all the theory and practical advice that actuaries need in order to determine the claims reserves for non-life insurance. Describes all the necessary mathematical methods used to estimate loss reserves and shares the authors' practical experience, which is essential in showing which of the methods should be applied in any given situation.
- Author BiographyMario V. Wuthrich holds a Ph.D. in mathematics from ETH Zurich (The Swiss Federal Institute of Technology Zurich). He completed his postdoctoral work on statistical physics in 2000 at the University of Nijmegen in The Netherlands. From 2000 to 2005, he held an actuarial position at Winterthur Insurance (Switzerland) where he was responsible for claims reserving in non-life insurance, as well as developing and implementing the Swiss Solvency Test. Since 2005, he has served as senior researcher and lecturer at ETH Zurich with teaching duties in actuarial and financial mathematics. He serves on the board of the Swiss Association of Actuaries (SAA) and is joint editor of the Bulletin SAA. Michael Merz has been Assistant Professor for Statistics, Risk and Insurance at the University of Tubingen since October 2006. He was awarded the internationally renowned SCOR Actuarial Prize 2004 for his doctoral thesis in risk theory. After completing his doctorate, he worked in the actuarial department of the Baloise insurance company in Basel/Switzerland and gained valuable practical working experience in actuarial science and quantitative risk management. His main research interests are actuarial science and quantitative risk management, with special emphasis on claims reserving and risk theory. He is a referee for many academic journals and has published extensively in leading academic journals, including the ASTIN Bulletin and the Scandinanvian Actuarial Journal.
- Author(s)Mario Valentin Wuthrich,Michael Merz
- PublisherJohn Wiley and Sons Ltd
- Date of Publication18/04/2008
- GenreFinance & Accounting
- Series TitleWiley Finance Series
- Place of PublicationChichester
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintJohn Wiley & Sons Ltd
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Weight906 g
- Width177 mm
- Height253 mm
- Spine29 mm
Best-selling in Business, Economics & Industry
Save on Business, Economics & Industry
- £22.00Trending at £28.02
- £39.99Trending at £42.22
- £35.99Trending at £36.52
- £12.89Trending at £15.51
- £8.81Trending at £14.95
- £26.88Trending at £28.73
- £20.45Trending at £21.09
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.