All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis book contains myths and tales from all over the world which are grouped around seven themes. The authors suggest ways in which these myths and tales can be used to develop our imagination's unique voice through educational and therapeutic encounter, and how this expression can be communicated to others who are engaged in the same task.
- Author BiographyAlida Gersie is a London-based dramatherapist and organizational consultant. Her work with deprived individuals and communities inspired her to develop a story-based method that facilitates productive change in seemingly hopeless situations. For several decades she was Principal Lecturer in the Postgraduate Arts Therapies Department of the University of Hertfordshire. She has taught the story-based approach to planned change in many countries, and has authored and edited several books, including Reflections on Therapeutic Storymaking: The Uses of Stories in Groups, Dramatic Approaches to Brief Therapy, Post Traumatic Stress Disorder and Dramatherapy, Storymaking in Bereavement: Dragons Fight in the Meadow and Storymaking in Education and Therapy, and published by Jessica Kingsley Publishers.
- Author(s)Alida Gersie,Nancy R. King
- PublisherJessica Kingsley Publishers
- Date of Publication01/10/1989
- GenreEducation & Teaching
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintJessica Kingsley Publishers
- Content Notebibliography, index
- Weight571 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine23 mm
Best selling in Other Non-Fiction
Save on Other Non-Fiction
- £7.99Trending at £9.71
- £6.19Trending at £6.47
- £4.67Trending at £5.15
- £32.40Trending at £34.34
- £10.90Trending at £12.96
- £5.89Trending at £6.34
- £11.85Trending at £12.42
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.