All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionIn Four Cries of a Gibbon by the late-Ming dynasty playwright Xu Wei, characters move between life and death, and male and female, as they seek to articulate who they truly are. In this first critical study and annotated translation, Kwa considers how Wei's exploration of identity paved the way for further reflection in later fiction and drama.
- Author BiographyShiamin Kwa is a Lecturer at Rice University.
- Author(s)Shiamin Kwa
- PublisherHarvard University, Asia Center
- Date of Publication01/02/2013
- GenreDrama Texts, Plays & Screenplays
- Series TitleHarvard-Yenching Institute Monograph Series
- Series Part/Volume Number80
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintHarvard University, Asia Center
- Weight544 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine24 mm
- Format DetailsWith printed dust jacket
Best selling in Literature, Poetry & Criticism
Save on Literature, Poetry & Criticism
- £6.27Trending at £7.73
- £7.26Trending at £8.12
- £8.77Trending at £9.30
- £6.42Trending at £6.76
- £4.00Trending at £6.99
- £12.49Trending at £13.16
- £7.08Trending at £8.12
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.