All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionUnder what conditions do ethnic minorities become violent? How credible are the theories of relative deprivation and greed in explaining the outbreak of conflict? Is the use of coercive diplomacy a superior alternative to direct military forms of intervention? This book provides an analytical account of the socio-economic roots of ethnic conflict.
- Author BiographyPavlos I. Koktsidis holds a PhD in the study of security and conflict analysis from Queen's University, Belfast. His research focuses on the causation and violent transformation of ethnic conflict, peace-building, terrorism and counter-terrorism, with a particular emphasis on south-eastern Europe. He is a Security and Conflict Analyst and lectures in International Security and Sociology at CITY College, International Faculty of the University of Sheffield, Greece and at DEI College, Registered Centre of the University of London International Programmes, Greece.
- Author(s)Pavlos I. Koktsidis
- PublisherPeter Lang AG, Internationaler Verlag der Wissenschaften
- Date of Publication30/01/2012
- GenreSociology & Anthropology: Professional
- Series TitleNationalisms Across the Globe
- Series Part/Volume Number5
- Country of PublicationSwitzerland
- First Published2012
- ImprintPeter Lang AG, Internationaler Verlag der Wissenschaften
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight410 g
- Edition Statement1st New edition
Best selling in Other Non-Fiction
Save on Other Non-Fiction
- £9.49Trending at £9.53
- £6.19Trending at £6.31
- £4.67Trending at £5.06
- £32.40Trending at £33.55
- £11.85Trending at £12.22
- £12.39Trending at £12.99
- £11.33Trending at £12.26
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.