All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionA fresh look at Stravinsky's musical style, from a variety of analytical, critical and aesthetic angles.
- Author BiographyPieter C. van den Toorn is Professor of Music at the University of California, Santa Barbara. He is the author of The Music of Igor Stravinsky (1983), Stravinsky and The Rite of Spring (1987) and Music, Politics, and the Academy (1995). Stravinsky and The Rite of Spring won the Deems Taylor Award (1989) and the Outstanding Publication Award of the Society for Music Theory (1990). John McGinness is an Associate Professor of Music Theory at the Crane School of Music, State University of New York, Potsdam. His essays and articles on topics including the music of Debussy, Stravinsky and Ives have appeared in Musical Quarterly, Music Theory Spectrum and Cahiers Debussy, among other publications. As a pianist specializing in contemporary music, he has premiered over twenty-five new works and has recorded for CRS and Radio Nederland.
- Author(s)John McGinness,Pieter C. van den Toorn
- PublisherCambridge University Press
- Date of Publication06/08/2015
- GenreMusic & Dance
- Series TitleMusic Since 1900
- Place of PublicationCambridge
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintCambridge University Press
- Content Note32 b/w illus. 4 tables 145 music examples
- Weight540 g
- Width170 mm
- Height244 mm
- Spine18 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
Best selling in The Arts
Save on The Arts
- £109.99Trending at £121.78
- £5.80Trending at £7.07
- £14.34Trending at £14.40
- £23.91Trending at £29.31
- £36.27Trending at £36.93
- £28.35Trending at £31.55
- £28.91Trending at £36.89
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.