All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionAn unprecedented exploration of Stravinsky's use of the piano as the genesis of all his music - Russian, neoclassical and serial.
- Author BiographyGraham Griffiths studied musicology at Edinburgh University and music education at Gonville and Caius College, Cambridge, obtaining his DPhil in Musicology in 2008 at Christ Church, Oxford. Between 1989 and 1999 he directed Grupo Novo Horizonte de Sao Paulo and guest-lectured at Brazilian and Danish universities. In 2005 his article 'Fingering as Compositional Process: Stravinsky's Piano Sonata Sketchbook Revisited' was published by British Postgraduate Musicology Online. Recently Griffiths has delivered courses at the universities of Bath ('Stravinsky's Spain'), Bristol ('Performance'), Canterbury Christ Church ('Music Since 1900') and Oxford ('Stravinsky and the Twentieth Century'). He has been a Visiting Lecturer at City University, London since 2010.
- Author(s)Graham Griffiths
- PublisherCambridge University Press
- Date of Publication21/02/2013
- GenreMusic & Dance
- Series TitleMusic Since 1900
- Place of PublicationCambridge
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintCambridge University Press
- Content Note10 b/w illus. 59 music examples
- Weight760 g
- Width174 mm
- Height247 mm
- Spine21 mm
Best selling in Other Non-Fiction
Save on Other Non-Fiction
- £9.49Trending at £9.53
- £6.19Trending at £6.27
- £4.67Trending at £5.11
- £32.40Trending at £33.55
- £11.14Trending at £12.74
- £11.85Trending at £12.22
- £12.39Trending at £12.99
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.