All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionLearn how to maximize strength, speed, and power in the gym, at home, or on the road. The books shows you why strength bands are the ultimate tool for targeting, isolating, and developing every major muscle group.
- Author BiographyPhil Page, PhD, PT, ATC, CSCS, is a physical therapist, athletic trainer, and certified strength and conditioning specialist. He is the director of the Thera-Band Academy. Page has worked with the NFL's New Orleans Saints and Seattle Seahawks and athletic teams at Tulane University and LSU. He has lectured internationally on the scientific and clinical use of elastic resistance and developed an educational course on elastic resistance that is being taught in over 30 countries. He is certified by the National Athletic Trainers' Association (NATA) and was awarded the NATA's Otho Davis Postgraduate Scholarship in 1991. He is the coauthor of two other textbooks, including The Scientific and Clinical Application of Elastic Resistance. Page lives in Baton Rouge, Louisiana, with his wife and four children. Todd S. Ellenbecker, DPT, MS, PT, SCS, OCS, CSCS, is the clinic director at Physiotherapy Associates Scottsdale Sports Clinic in Scottsdale, Arizona, and is the director of sports medicine for the ATP World Tour. A licensed physical therapist, he has researched and taught in the field for 18 years. Ellenbecker is certified by the American Physical Therapy Association (APTA) as both a sports clinical specialist and orthopedic clinical specialist. The APTA also honored him with its Sports Physical Therapy Clinical Teaching Award in 1999. He was chairman of the APTA's Shoulder Special Interest Group and is a manuscript reviewer for the Journal ofOrthopaedic and Sports Physical Therapy and American Journal of Sports Medicine. Ellenbecker is a member of the American College of Sports Medicine (ACSM) and is a certified strength and conditioning specialist through the National Strength and Conditioning Association (NSCA). In 2003, the NSCA named him the Sports Medicine Professional of the Year. He also serves as chairman of the United States Tennis Association's (USTA) National Sport Science Committee. Ellenbecker lives in Scottsdale, Arizona, with his wife, Gail.
- Author(s)Phillip Page,Todd S Ellenbecker
- PublisherHuman Kinetics Publishers
- Date of Publication11/12/2010
- GenreFitness & Diet
- Place of PublicationChampaign, IL
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintHuman Kinetics
- Content Note12 black & white illustrations, 222 black & white halftones
- Weight463 g
- Width180 mm
- Height253 mm
- Spine14 mm
- Edition Statement2nd
Best selling in Other Non-Fiction
Save on Other Non-Fiction
- £7.99Trending at £9.59
- £4.84Trending at £5.06
- £32.40Trending at £33.73
- £10.88Trending at £12.77
- £10.63Trending at £11.99
- £12.39Trending at £13.06
- £11.33Trending at £11.81
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.