All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis book explores how the commercial suborbital industry is poised to develop into a viable market. It describes how suborbital vehicles operate, how research will be conducted in suborbital flight, and how commercial organizations will train astronauts.
- Author BiographyDr. Erik Seedhouse worked as an Astronaut Training Consultant for Bigelow Aerospace in 2005, a company for whom he wrote the Spaceflight Participants Flight Surgeon's Manual. He also developed astronaut-training protocols for future spaceflight participants and wrote and edited several chapters of Bigelow Aerospace's Astronaut Training Manual. Erik is a research scientist specializing in environmental life sciences and physiology, the subject in which he obtained his Ph.D. in Physiology while working for the European Space Agency between 1996 and 1998. In 2009, he was one of the final candidates for selection as an astronaut in the CSA's Astronaut Recruitment Campaign. He is a certified commercial suborbital astronaut who will fly a payload mission in 2014. He is also Training Director for Astronauts for Hire and for the last four years served as Director of Canada's Manned Centrifuge Operations.
- Author(s)Erik Seedhouse
- PublisherSpringer International Publishing AG
- Date of Publication27/01/2014
- GenreAstronomy, Space & Time
- Series TitleSpringer Praxis Books / Space Exploration
- Place of PublicationCham
- Country of PublicationSwitzerland
- ImprintSpringer International Publishing AG
- Content Note5 black & white illustrations, 79 colour illustrations, biography
- Weight367 g
- Width168 mm
- Height240 mm
- Spine11 mm
Best selling in Other Non-Fiction
Save on Other Non-Fiction
- £7.99Trending at £9.59
- £7.85Trending at £8.62
- £4.88Trending at £5.06
- £4.98Trending at £5.79
- £14.67Trending at £15.47
- £16.13Trending at £20.42
- £8.49Trending at £8.94
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.