CURRENTLY SOLD OUT
Best-selling in Adult Learning & University
Save on Adult Learning & University
- £9.10Trending at £10.98
- £26.45Trending at £27.79
- £11.12Trending at £13.99
- £7.44Trending at £8.98
- £10.89Trending at £12.29
- £18.09Trending at £19.20
- £15.21Trending at £18.61
About this product
- DescriptionThis unique book explains in authoritative detail what collegiate recovery communities are, the types of services they provide, and their role in the context of campus life. It presents stories of young adults in recovery across different educational contexts.
- Author BiographyH. Harrington Cleveland received his J.D. at Boston College in 1991 and his Ph.D. in Family Studies and Human Development from the University of Arizona in 1998. Following his Ph.D., he spent 2 years as a National Institute of Child Health and Human Development (NICHD) Post-Doctoral Fellow at the Carolina Population Center at the University of North Carolina-Chapel Hill. While at the University of North Carolina, he worked exclusively on analyzing data from the National Longitudinal Study of Adolescent Health under the supervision of J. R. Udry. He has published extensively on the influences of genes and environments on both risk behaviors, such as alcohol and drug use, and the social experiences, such as associating with substance using peers, which can encourage these risk behaviors. The last few years, Dr. Cleveland has worked extensively with a community of college students in long-term recovery to understand how they construct their lives of abstinence. Kitty Harris, Ph.D., is the Director of the Center for the Study of Addiction & Recovery at Texas Tech University. She is also Co-Director of the Texas Tech University Center for Child and Adolescent Development and Resiliency. Dr. Harris received her Master's Degree in Speech Communication from University of North Texas in 1974 and her Ph.D. in Human Development and Family Studies from Texas Tech University in 1983. Dr. Harris currently holds LCDC and LMFT licenses. She has been on the faculty of Texas Tech University since 1988. In addition, she serves as the Program Director for Supportive Adolescent Services and Pre-Adolescent Supportive Services, a mentoring program in the Lubbock Independent School District designed to help teens with their everyday lives. As Director of the Center for the Study of Addiction and Recovery, Dr. Harris coordinates two federal grants. One grant is a federal earmark in its second year of funding to replicate the Collegiate Recovery Community at universities nationwide. As a nationally recognized expert in recovery and recovery support, Dr. Harris was a member of the 2005 National Summit on Recovery sponsored by the Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration and Center for Substance Abuse Treatment.
- PublisherSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Date of Publication27/05/2012
- GenreAdult & Further Education
- Series TitleAdvancing Responsible Adolescent Development
- Place of PublicationNew York, NY
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Content Note1 black & white illustrations, 15 black & white tables, biography
- Weight284 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine9 mm
- Edited byH. Harrington Cleveland,Kitty S. Harris,Richard P. Wiebe
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.