All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionSubtle is the Lord is recognized as the definitive scientific biography of Albert Einstein, written by an award-winning physicist turned historian who knew Einstein personally in the last years of his life. Pais illuminates the man through his science, with authority, precision, and liveliness.
- Author BiographyAbraham Pais (1918-2000) was an award-winning physicist and biographer. Gaining his PhD from Utrecht, he went on to work closely with Niels Bohr in Copenhagen before joining the Institute for Advanced Study in Princeton, and leading the Theoretical Physics Group at Rockefeller University. His work brought him into close professional, and personal, contact with the 20th century's leading physicists - Dirac, Pauli, Gell-Man, and Einstein. He retired in 1978 to write widely respected scientific biographies, and was awarded the Oppenheimer Prize in 1979.
- Author(s)Abraham Pais
- PublisherOxford University Press
- Date of Publication25/08/2005
- GenreBiography: Science, Technology & Medical
- Place of PublicationOxford
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintOxford University Press
- Content Note8 pp halftone plates
- Weight838 g
- Width157 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine31 mm
Best selling in Other Non-Fiction
Save on Other Non-Fiction
- £8.56Trending at £9.70
- £6.19Trending at £6.46
- £4.67Trending at £5.15
- £32.40Trending at £34.34
- £10.90Trending at £12.96
- £11.85Trending at £12.42
- £12.39Trending at £13.21
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.