Best-selling in General & Literary Fiction
Save on General & Literary Fiction
- £19.32Trending at £20.26
- £7.61Trending at £7.94
- £6.18Trending at £6.95
- £10.35Trending at £11.10
- £15.92Trending at £16.26
- £10.57Trending at £11.27
- £12.38Trending at £13.95
About this product
- DescriptionAn Australian classic, first published in 1903. Described by its author as of 'temper democratic; bias, offensively Australian', Such is Life gives an illuminating portrait of humanity and of Australia.
- Author Biography'Tom Collins', a slang byword for the source of all rumours, was the pseudonym adopted by Joseph Furphy. After drought and illness wiped out his two bullock teams, Furphy began working at a foundry in Shepparton, Victoria, owned by his brother. There he began writing for The Bulletin. His masterpiece, Such is Life, was submitted to them in 1897 and published in 1903. He died in 1912. His other books - Poems (1916), Rigby's Romance (1921) and The Buln Buln and the Brolga (1948) - were published posthumously.
- Author(s)Tom Collins
- PublisherAllen & Unwin
- Date of Publication01/07/2012
- GenreGeneral & Literary Fiction
- Place of PublicationNSW
- Country of PublicationAustralia
- First Published2012
- ImprintA & U House of Books
- Weight356 g
- Width130 mm
- Height197 mm
- Format DetailsB-format paperback
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.