All listings for this product
Best-selling in Other Non-Fiction
Save on Other Non-Fiction
- £24.44Trending at £26.14
- £23.12Trending at £34.97
- £10.01Trending at £10.71
- £24.23Trending at £25.20
- £17.16Trending at £22.75
- £4.99Trending at £6.17
- £18.99Trending at £33.99
About this product
- DescriptionExamines the cultural and personal experiences of chronic and acute pain sufferers in an account of everyday beliefs, values, and practices on the island of Yap (Waqab), Federated States of Micronesia. This title focuses on how pain is implicated in the fashioning of particular Yapese understandings of ethical subjectivity and right action.
- Author BiographyC. Jason Throop is Assistant Professor of Anthropology at the University of California, Los Angeles.
- Author(s)Jason Throop
- PublisherUniversity of California Press
- Date of Publication08/02/2010
- GenreSocial Studies: General
- Place of PublicationBerkerley
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintUniversity of California Press
- Content Note6 b/w photographs, 2 maps
- Weight458 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine22 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.