All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionIn a moving intervention into Romantic-era depictions of the dead and wounded, Philip Shaw's timely study directs our gaze to the neglected figure of the common soldier. He examines a wide range of print and visual media, including paintings, political prose, anti-war poetry, early photographs.
- Author BiographyPhilip Shaw is Professor of Romantic Studies in the School of English at the University of Leicester, UK. His publications include Waterloo and the Romantic Imagination (2002) and, as editor, Romantic Wars: Studies in Culture and Conflict, 1793-1822 (2000).
- Author(s)Philip Shaw
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication04/06/2013
- GenreThe Arts: General & Reference
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintAshgate Publishing Limited
- Content NoteIncludes 43 b&w illustrations
- Weight708 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine16 mm
Best selling in The Arts
Save on The Arts
- £14.34Trending at £14.66
- £7.45Trending at £7.84
- £23.91Trending at £29.66
- £36.27Trending at £37.37
- £9.75Trending at £12.13
- £28.91Trending at £37.33
- £16.90Trending at £27.46
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.