All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis book summarizes major advances in critical solitons in supersymmetric theories and their implications, for researchers.
- Author BiographyMikhail Shifman is the Ida Cohen Fine Professor of Physics at the University of Minnesota, and is one of the world leading experts on quantum chromodynamics and non-perturbative supersymmetry. In 1999 he received the Sakurai Prize for Theoretical Particle Physics, and in 2006 he was awarded the Julius Edgar Lilienfeld Prize for outstanding contributions to physics. He is the author of several books, over 300 scientific publications, and a number of popular articles and articles on the history of high-energy physics. Alexei Yung is a Senior Researcher in the Theoretical Department at the Petersburg Nuclear Physics Institute, Russia, and a Visiting Professor at the William I. Fine Theoretical Physics Institute. His research interests lie in non-perturbative dynamics of non-Abelian supersymmetric gauge theories and its interplay with string theory, and the problem of color confinement in non-Abelian gauge theories. Many of his recent advances in these areas are included in this book.
- Author(s)A. Yung,M. Shifman
- PublisherCambridge University Press
- Date of Publication26/02/2009
- Series TitleCambridge Monographs on Mathematical Physics
- Place of PublicationCambridge
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintCambridge University Press
- Content Note6 b/w illus.
- Weight640 g
- Width174 mm
- Height247 mm
- Spine16 mm
Best-selling in Other Non-Fiction
Save on Other Non-Fiction
- £6.40Trending at £7.38
- £10.87Trending at £13.84
- £10.25Trending at £11.39
- £23.95Trending at £24.80
- £30.34Trending at £30.96
- £6.52Trending at £7.00
- £5.78Trending at £6.85
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.