All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionSurgery theory is the basis for the classification theory of manifolds. This title reflects on the accomplishments of surgery theory as well as its varied interactions with algebra, analysis, and geometry. It covers the topics that include applications of surgery, Wall's finiteness obstruction, algebraic surgery, and surgery in dimension four.
- Author BiographySylvain Cappell is Professor of Mathematics at New York University and has received Sloan Foundation and Guggenheim awards. Andrew Ranicki is Professor of Algebraic Surgery at the University of Edinburgh. He is the author of several books, including Exact Sequences in the Algebraic Theory of Surgery (Princeton). Jonathan Rosenberg is Professor of Mathematics at the University of Maryland and has authored books on K-theory, topology. Lie group representations, and mathematical software.
- PublisherPrinceton University Press
- Date of Publication03/01/2001
- Series TitleAnnals of Mathematics Studies
- Series Part/Volume Number2
- Place of PublicationNew Jersey
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintPrinceton University Press
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight628 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine25 mm
- Edited byAndrew Ranicki,Jonathan Rosenberg,Sylvain Cappell
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
Best-selling in Mathematics & Sciences
Save on Mathematics & Sciences
- £9.38Trending at £10.23
- £8.99Trending at £14.57
- £6.43Trending at £6.77
- £10.56Trending at £11.22
- £11.29Trending at £12.06
- £8.70Trending at £9.98
- £5.43Trending at £6.99
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.