All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionSustainable Development in Practice: Case Studies for Engineers and Scientists, Second Edition explores the concept of sustainable development and its implications for science and engineering.
- Author BiographyAdisa Azapagic holds a B.Sc. and M.Sc. in Environmental Chemical Engineering and a Ph.D. in Environmental Systems Analysis. She is Professor of Sustainable Chemical Engineering in the School of Chemical Engineering and Analytical Science and and Associated Professor of the Sustainable Consumption Institute. She is leading the Sustainable Industrial Systems group which comprises over 20 post-doctoral researchers and Ph.D. students. Adisa has held a number of fellowships and honorary appointments, some of which include fellowships from the Royal Academy of Engineering, UNESCO and Japan Society for the Promotion of Science (JSPS). She was awarded the IChemE Award for Outstanding Achievements in Chemical and Process Engineering in 2010 and the GSK/CIA Innovation Award in 2011. For more information visit: http://www.sustainable-systems.org.uk Slobodan Perdan is a Research Fellow in the School of Chemical Engineering and Analytical Science. Slobodan holds a BA and an MA in Philosophy from the University of Sarajevo (Bosnia), an MA (Distinction) in Politics and Security from University College London and a PhD in Environmental Strategy from the University of Surrey. Slobodan joined the Sustainable Industrial Systems Group in CEAS as Simon Industrial and Professional Fellow in January 2008. Slobodan previously worked on the PuRE project where his role was to look into the social aspects of human activities in the urban environment. He is currently working in association with the CCaLC project and is focusing on the carbon economy , in particular the socio-economic consequences of the introduction of the carbon 'market' and the ethical issues associated with the treating of carbon emissions as a tradable commodity.
- PublisherJohn Wiley and Sons Ltd
- Date of Publication21/01/2011
- GenreEngineering & Technology: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Place of PublicationHoboken
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations, black & white tables, figures, charts, graphs
- Weight990 g
- Width173 mm
- Height242 mm
- Spine28 mm
- Edited byAdisa Azapagic,Slobodan Perdan
- Edition Statement2nd Revised edition
Best selling in Other Non-Fiction
Save on Other Non-Fiction
- £7.99Trending at £9.47
- £7.85Trending at £8.35
- £4.81Trending at £5.00
- £4.98Trending at £5.61
- £14.67Trending at £15.26
- £3.91Trending at £4.14
- £16.13Trending at £20.14
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.