All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionTakuan Sho's (1573-1645) two works on Zen and swordsmanship are among the most straightforward and lively presentations of Zen ever written and have enjoyed great popularity in both pre-modern and modern Japan.
- Author BiographyPeter Haskel received his doctorate in Japanese thought from Columbia University. He is, most recently, the author of Letting Go: The Story of Zen Master Tsui and the co-editor with Mary Farkas and Robert Lopez of Original Nature: Sokei-an's Translation and Commentary on the Sixth Patriarch Platform Sutra.
- Author(s)Peter Haskel
- PublisherUniversity of Hawai'i Press
- Date of Publication15/09/2012
- GenreAutobiography: General
- Place of PublicationHonolulu, HI
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintUniversity of Hawai'i Press
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight436 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine15 mm
- Format DetailsCloth over boards
- Edition Statementannotated edition
Best selling in Other Non-Fiction
Save on Other Non-Fiction
- £9.49Trending at £9.53
- £6.19Trending at £6.31
- £4.67Trending at £5.06
- £32.40Trending at £33.55
- £11.85Trending at £12.22
- £12.39Trending at £12.99
- £11.33Trending at £12.26
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.