All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe authors present an overview of recent applications of symmetry to the description of atomic nuclei. They use simple examples to introduce symmetry concepts. Special emphasis is put on the introduction of neutron-proton and boson-fermion degrees of freedom.
- Author BiographyThe authors have for decades worked on the applications of symmetries in nuclear, molecular, and other areas of physics. They were actively involved in the theoretical introduction of supersymmetry in nuclear physics. Jan Jolie became an experimental physicist and subsequently performed several crucial experiments to test the applications of supersymmetry in atomic nuclei. For this work he was awarded the Leigh-Page Prize 2000 by Yale University. Alejandro Frank is a Fellow of the American Physical Society and has received several distinctions including a Guggenheim Fellowship. Piet Van Isacker is a member of the Mexican Academy of Science and has written two previous books on the application of symmetry methods to nuclear physics.
- Author(s)Alejandro Frank,Jan Jolie,Pieter Van Isacker
- PublisherSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Date of Publication12/02/2010
- GenreEngineering & Technology: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Series TitleSpringer Tracts in Modern Physics
- Series Part/Volume Number230
- Place of PublicationNew York, NY
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Content Note18 black & white tables, biography
- Weight314 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine10 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
- Edition StatementSoftcover reprint of hardcover 1st ed. 2009
Best-selling in Other Non-Fiction
Save on Other Non-Fiction
- £4.89Trending at £5.19
- £6.40Trending at £7.38
- £10.25Trending at £11.39
- £12.10Trending at £13.61
- £10.87Trending at £13.84
- £4.50Trending at £6.04
- £23.95Trending at £24.80
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.