All listings for this product
Best selling in Other Books, Comics, Magazines
Save on Other Books, Comics, Magazines
- £10.89Trending at £11.84
- £8.94Trending at £10.08
- £3.35Trending at £3.61
- £8.14Trending at £8.75
- £4.50Trending at £5.20
- £6.87Trending at £7.39
- £40.99Trending at £42.79
About this product
- DescriptionA pioneering study of Syria's key Jewish communities, bringing to light an enormous amount of material and providing a broad, multifaceted perspective on Jewish life in Syria.
- Author BiographyYaron Harel is Professor of Jewish History at Bar-Ilan University. His contribution to the field of Oriental Jewish history, especially in Syria, been recognized in a series of awards, including the Aminoah Prize (2000), the Ben-Zvi Prize for Research in Oriental Jewry (2004), and the Zalman Shazar Prize for Research in Jewish History (2009), the latter for the Hebrew edition of his book, Intrigue and Revolution in the Jewish Communities of Damascus, Aleppo, and Baghdad, 1744 - 1914 (forthcoming from the Littman Library). He is also the author of The Books of Aleppo: The Rabbinic Literature of the Scholars of Aleppo (1997) and of the volume Syria (2009) in the series Jewish Communities in the East in the Nineteenth and Twentieth Centuries, and co-editor, with Yom Tov Assis and Miriam Frenkel, of Aleppo Studies - The Jews of Aleppo: Their History and Culture, Volume 1 (2009).
- Author(s)Yaron Harel
- PublisherThe Littman Library of Jewish Civilization
- Date of Publication06/03/2014
- GenreSociology & Anthropology: Professional
- Place of PublicationOxford
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintThe Littman Library of Jewish Civilization
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight445 g
- Width155 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine17 mm
- Translated byDina Ordan
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.