All listings for this product
Best-selling in Other Non-Fiction
Save on Other Non-Fiction
- £25.98Trending at £27.35
- £8.24Trending at £8.93
- £26.68Trending at £27.22
- £8.94Trending at £9.25
- £7.43Trending at £8.59
- £14.54Trending at £15.43
- £23.93Trending at £24.68
About this product
- Author(s)Daune West,Frank A. Stowell,James G. Howell
- PublisherSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Date of Publication24/10/2012
- GenreScience: General & Reference
- Place of PublicationNew York, NY
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Content Notebiography
- Weight1274 g
- Width178 mm
- Height254 mm
- Spine34 mm
- Edition StatementSoftcover reprint of the original 1st ed. 1993
- Table Of ContentsPlenary Papers.- Systems Science - Addressing Global issues.- Systems Science.- The Actor as a Perfect Citizen.- Information Systems and Systems Science.- Engineering Systems.- Giving Requisite Variety to Strategy and Information Systems.- United Kingdom Higher Education - A Systems Failure?.- Systems Practitioners: Facilitators of the Bringing - Forth of Social Systems.- A Theoretical Framework for an Interpretive-Systemic Study of Public Health Services in Venezuela.- Business Systems.- Metagame Analysis as a Tool for Longitudinal Analysis of Multi-Actorial Decision Processes.- Cultural Contradictions Impeding Global Competitiveness of American High-Technology Firms.- Systems Methodologies and Enabling Technologies: A Role for Group Support Systems?.- The Evaluation of IT Investment.- Heuristic Methods as an Instrument to Develop a Manager.- Suprahuman Systems and Management: Steering in Jeopardy?.- Using an Organisation Wide Consultation Approach for the Creation of Information and Information Technology Strategies.- Complex Systems.- Systems Synthesis.- Mapping Conceptual Models on to the Real World.- Systems Modelling with Natural Language and Fuzzy Logic.- Critical Systems.- Practising Freedom.- Ecology and Evaluation: The Macro-Quality Perspective.- 'Non-Traditional' Logistics - A Step Forward?.- Critical Systems Thinking, Post-Modernism and the Philosophy of Richard Rorty.- Cybernetics.- Nonlinear Dynamics and Fire Risk Assessment.- A Cybernetic View of Quality Management.- Innofusion: Feedback in the Innovation Process.- Organizational Cybernetics.- Moving Management Around the Organisation or How to Make Jobs for the Boys.- Cybernetics & the Social: Conversations with Unspeakable Machines.- Linking SSM with VSM for Information System Management.- Cybernetics in Management.- A Workshop Methodology Based on the Viable System Model of Stafford Beer.- Educational Systems.- Reading as a Complex Phenomenon.- Design of Vocational Education Systems: A Systems Science Contribution to the Competences Debates.- Designing an MBA Curriculum for Information Systems Managers: An Analysis of Contextual Factors.- Theseus - A Model for Global Connectivity.- Problem-Solving Skills within the Curriculum: A Case for a Softer Approach.- Creativity and Science Ecology of Mind: The Future Sight of Science has Begun.- Sport Training as an Open System.- Introducing Systems Thinking into Mathematics Learning.- Systems Education: is There a Mass Delivery Approach?.- Computer-Based Methods of Knowledge Acquisition and Elicitation in Terms of the Subjective Representations and Teaching of Complex Domains.- Developments in the Automation of SSM Tutorials Using Multimedia Technology.- Environmental Systems, Social Systems, and Health Systems.- Systems Science and the Alternatives to the Changes of Soil in Areas of Traditional Agriculture.- A Systems Approach to Environmental Management.- A Systems Approach to Social Innovation.- Automation Technology as a Human Tool for Accomplishing Human Purposes.- Health for All and Community Participation.- Information Systems.- On the Incommensurability of Hard and Soft Systems Approaches to Information Systems Provision.- Knowledge Elicitation: First Step Towards Managing Floating Information in Financial Sectors.- Information Requirements: A Systems and Knowledge Based Approach.- They Shoot Werewolves, Don't They?.- Function-Oriented Data Modelling.- Conceptual Modelling and DBS/KBS Design.- The Algorithmic Nature of Problem Solving.- Syntax and Semantic Analysis of Mission Statements.- Sublimating Methodologies: The Fallacy of' the Right Thing Right'?.- Application-Oriented Tools for Software Development.- How to Deal with Wicked Problems Using a New Type of Information System.- Metaphorical Thinking and Information Systems: The Example of the Mechanistic Metaphor.- Improving the Impact of Systems Thinking on Information Systems Development.- Towards a Multimedia Based New Information Concept.- Toward
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.